Wednesday, January 21, 2015

6 Months

 Lucas is 6 Months!
   

   
Yet another baby boy in the family that makes me think I could handle another one. He's generally such an easy going, happy baby. He loves to be held and talked to, especially by Emma and Jake. He still hasn't got the rolling over thing down, but he can pivot around on his stomach and scoot backwards. He loves to grab people's faces, remotes, phones, everyone's drinks, and anything placed near him -- and they all go in his mouth. He's my first thumb/finger sucker. His favorite thing is his blanket that he loves to chew on and rub on his face while being snuggled in it to sleep. He loves to grunt, blow raspberries, growl, laugh, and squeal. 

   
Lucas does what Emma refers to as "the Lucas Squeals". I've been trying to get a video of it, but all my videos are too long to put on the blog, so I'll try next time to make it shorter. When he gets really excited, or sees the kids playing and wants to join in, he lets out these high pitched squeals that makes everyone crack up. These pictures of mid-squeal give you some idea of why... I especially think it's funny when Brad or Jake's heads' are near him, he'll reach as far as he can to grab their hair or whack their head while squealing. Something about short hair on a head I guess?  He started squealing in Relief Society this last week, and all the ladies thought he was so cute and funny. I about had to walk out. Then he proceeded to fill his diaper...of course, you always get the little giggles from the ladies that hear, and the one in front of me turned around and said "oh, excuse me!" Pretty funny, still a little embarrassing, but funny.
   
Everyone loves little Lucas, and I constantly have to hand him to Brad in another room so that Emma can concentrate on homework. He's just so much fun and always wants to be where everyone else is. Wherever he is, Emma and Jake are sure to be close by -- they definitely can't get enough of him. He loves all the attention he gets, and makes us all laugh. Love this kid!
Jan 13, 2015

2 comments:

  1. You will have to Skype sometime when the squealing starts. Hopefully we will be at home. Love to see the pictures and read your comments. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never know when to Skype you guys because on your blog you always sound so busy and never home! I'll give it a try either today or tomorrow :).

      Delete