I was a bit surprised that Emma's school didn't want the kids to dress up for Halloween. They did have spirit/drug free week, and this day was crazy backward inside out etc. day. Emma was insistent that she didn't want to be crazy, but she was okay wearing mismatched clothes. Her best friend Sydney's family was passing through on Halloween day, and we were able to get them together for about an hour. They were so happy to see each other! Since then, we've been mailing a couple pictures back and forth between the two of them.

The kids wanted to carve pumpkins this year instead of coloring or my potato-head type faces. I cut the tops off and told them to pull out the guts. Neither were very excited about that. They originally only pulled out one seed each, but I insisted they do a bit more.

I ended up de-gutting and carving 4 of the 5 pumpkins -- Brad did the zombie one. (Reason why I was so excited about my potato-head faces last year). They did turn out pretty fun. Next year, the kids are on their own... for the most part anyway...

Captain America, Thor, and Elsa off to get some more candy! They lasted a lot longer than last year, and of course, Jake's still asking if it can be Halloween again.
Oct 31, 2014


No comments:
Post a Comment