Saturday, January 17, 2015

Christmas

We had a nice, quite Christmas at home this year. We had planned to have Brad's parents with us that day, but it decided to snow on us Christmas Eve. Perfect timing for adding that extra awesome Christmas excitement, but not so much for traveling guests, so they couldn't make it.

I tend to go a bit camera crazy around the holidays, so I decided to just post a few of my favorites. Emma proves why Christmas with kids is just SO much more fun! Look how much pure joy and excitement she has! You can't help but smile looking at her!
   
 Jake enjoyed opening all the presents, and wanted to stop, open, and play with each one.
   
 Lucas happened to wake up with a fever that morning, but still managed to squeeze out a few smiles in-between being snuggled by Mom and Dad.
   
When we got married, Brad always joked about getting a gong for like a dinner bell. I figured 9 years later, it was time to get him one as a joke. It is pretty fun to hit... but loud. It is currently hidden in a kitchen drawer until we think of a spot to put it that the kids can't reach very easily...
 There were two big hits with the kids' Christmas this year -- Disney Infinity (Xbox one game set that, now they know how to do it, ask to play every day), and these plasma cars.  They spent the entire day (and everyday since) cruising them around the kitchen like a race track. Literally. Every. Day. Brad got me a remote control Porsche, and I chase them around the track with it. It is really fun -- crazy loud fun when you catch up to them and they burst out laughing and screaming. Brad's much better at it than I, but my coordination is improving slightly.
Angela's family made it back up so the boys could spend some time with Parry. Aaron and Brad had fun upstairs with guns, the kids ran around crazy playing, and Angela and I got to relax on the couch with the chunky one.
Dec 25, 2014

1 comment:

  1. Love your blog - you do such a nice job of displaying. . . I haven't figured it out yet. Love you

    ReplyDelete