Thursday, January 8, 2015

Flour Explosion

I was in the mood for cookies, and I usually let the kids help me dump the stuff in the mixer. Emma wanted to turn the mixer on, so I told her to just put it to level one. The lever was a little stiff, so she pulled a little harder and we had a flour explosion! 
In the past, I'm sure I would have been a bit frustrated, knowing I had a big mess to clean up along with trying to guess-timate how much flour/salt etc. to put back in for the cookies to still be edible. It was at this point I remembered a quote from Sis. Hinckley, "The only way to get through life is to laugh your way through it. You either have to laugh or cry. I prefer to laugh. Crying gives me a headache."

So I started laughing and took some pictures. Emma started crying. Poor kid thought she had ruined the cookies and that I would be upset. I calmed her down and let her know I wasn't mad, and that it was just cookies. Nothing to be upset about. I did end up putting too much flour back in, but they were all eaten, so it must not have been too bad!

Nov 13, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment