Emma didn't have any teeth come in until she was about 13 months old, so I kind of expected them to fall out later than the other kids. Sure enough, she kept coming home disappointed that all the other kids were losing teeth. Finally, her turn came! She wasn't too thrilled about the pain that comes with loose teeth, and wasn't great about pulling on it. I gave her quite a while to try and get it out on her own, and then finally, I told her to let me wiggle it one more time, and instead gave it a good yank. She gave the classic, utter surprised look as she felt around for her tooth. She was thrilled to have a tooth to put under her pillow, and said I'd have to trick her again next time because she didn't like pulling them out. Mom fail moment? She came down the next morning in tears because the tooth fairy had forgotten... Me suddenly having my 'ah crap!' moment, asked if she had checked everywhere. I ran up with her, with a few dollars hidden in my hand, and hid them under her covers. I set an alarm the next time she lost a tooth...
Oct 10, 2015
And Jake finally got his cast off! He was pretty nervous and scared to have it off, and it took him a while to be comfortable with it again. We had to do stretches all through the day for a few weeks to try and get mobility back into his elbow. Easier said than done with a four year old who doesn't want his arm touched, and without knowing how much it hurts him, hard to know how hard to push him. Thankfully, we've got almost all range of motion back. And a gnarly scar for the girls.
Oct 15, 2015


No comments:
Post a Comment