Wherever we go, cats seem to find us. I should probably take blame for it since I inherited my Mom's need for feeding and feeling sorry for any animal that crosses my path. Brad had been traveling back and forth from Meridian to work half weeks at his new job, while I stayed home and kept the house "show-ready" -- which is definitely a stressful task with three kids (one being a newborn). Brad got home late at night, and heated up the oven to 425 to cook a pizza... Little did he know, I had placed a pan full of cookies in there with a pyrex plastic lid to hide from that days showings... the fumes and smoke were awful. We had all the doors and windows open, and this little fluff-ball roamed right in and ran downstairs. I of course got him some turkey and milk.

He couldn't care less about me. Unlike all the other cats that would avoid Brad, this one was infatuated with him. We let it in a few other times, and it would find Brad, and curl up next to him on the couch. If Brad got up, the cat got up and followed. Brad would go to the bathroom, and the cat would follow him in. Brad, or course, pushed him back out, so he'd lay down outside the door. It was hilarious! Brad named him Wild-Style, and he was a fun little house guest until we left.

Grandma Egbert got the kids some hula-hoops while I was in the hospital, and I'm shocked at how well Emma can hula! Take's after me --- who once won an Egbert Family Hula Contest. Yeah -- we're that awesome.
And this post just wouldn't be complete without sweet little Lucas at 7 weeks sleeping.
Aug 30-31, 2014

No comments:
Post a Comment