We've started kennel training Lizzy, so whenever she started to sleep somewhere, we would put her in her kennel so she would know that's her safe spot, sleeping spot, whatever... She always sneaks out most of the way, and sleeps like this...
Lucas was a tad jealous in the beginning with this little baby puppy getting so much attention trying to get it potty trained and such, so he took over her comfy bed.
We went down to Twin for the CSI Ropes course where we did a couple climbing obstacles, and it was fun. We'll have to return when the kids are either older or at a babysitters so we can do more obstacles. After, we had a dinner out at my parents with more family than expected -- which is usually the case! Jake really enjoyed playing with the dry ice smoke when Uncle David was making homemade root beer!
The kids had school pictures, which turned out better than these, but I always have to sneak a picture.
School carnival -- the kids had a lot of fun running around to different booth activities and getting different prizes and treats. Emma participated in their class concert -- she loves to sing.
Another library excursion -- this was building creatures with play-doh.
While there, Lucas happened to find a Big Hero 6 full size movie comic book. He was so excited, he wouldn't let it leave his hands. So we brought it home, and it was looked at every day -- eventually I had to take it back, which broke his heart. I found a kid version, but it was unacceptable. He still asks for this book every time we go to the library. I may have to find it again.
My birthday happened to fall on a Wednesday, which is the busiest day for us now, with ballet, soccer, and all the other duties. So I dropped Emma off at ballet, then ran to the field and sat in the light rain with Lucas watching Jake play soccer (His favorite color is blue if you're trying to find which one he is), and caught a nice glimpse of a rainbow. It was actually kind of fun huddling under my giant umbrella with the other mom's.
When we all finally got home that night, we all enjoyed some delicious cheesecake. I love this family of mine, and that I get to spend my birthdays with them -- even if they're spent running around getting them here and there.
Every day's a mini party with these three :).
Sept 2016


















No comments:
Post a Comment