Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Lizzy

The kids had been begging for a pet since forever, and I had managed to hold them off while we were renting, because we "couldn't" have pets there. I told them when we bought our own house, we could look into getting a dog. So, as I was trying to unpack, they kept asking where the dog was, and when we could bring it home... they had not forgotten. 
We were needing a hypoallergenic dog so Brad wouldn't die in this process, and I was having a hard time finding one close to home. Just so happened, we were in Twin for Cooper's birthday, and Amber's friend had some 3/4 Shih Tzu 1/4 Terrier puppies that would be ready in about a week. It turned into a big family affair as my sister and her husband came, and then my brother heard about it, and he and his wife came... being later at night, it was hard to see and play with the puppies, so I came back the next day, and my mom joined the party along with some of the previously mentioned. Who doesn't love to go look at puppies?
This one's name was Mittens, and although it was the last one born (on 4th of July), it was the biggest, fluffiest one there, and I loved it. She stayed near all the people, and continued to play, and since social and playing with kids is what we were looking for, she became the chosen one --later to named Lizzy.
This is the dog my brother Curt chose. Cutest little face! These two sisters could not be more different in appearance!

My parents brought Lizzy up to us the next week, and things went surprisingly well. She loves playing with the kids, and they can't get enough of her. These are of her the day she came, and she was already trying to bite my laundry and shake it around. Brad went to the store for a few things, and came back with this bone that was as big as she was. Apparently there was someone claiming to be a vet in the pet isle, and said Brad should get this for her, and she would love it. They were right --she loves gnawing on the thing.
The boys were a bit cautious at first with this thing that kept wanting to pounce on them. Emma was in heaven.

It's been fun having this cute little fuzz ball running around. She's so playful and snugly soft, and brings so much happiness to the kids. Alright, I kinda like her, too. And it's really funny to see Brad carrying around and loving on this little thing :).  
Aug 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment