Sunday, February 23, 2020

Halloween Festivities

Emma was a witch, Jacob a skeleton, and Lucas the Haunted Hot-rod Racer (from a Halloween episode of Mickey Mouse. We had to improvise with his costume, as he did not want to be anything else.) We went to the school trunk or treat, and it was absolutely freezing. I came prepared, but the kids didn't listen when I told them how cold it was going to be. I ended up giving my coat and gloves to Emma, and we only did one and 1/4 trips around the cars because that's all our freezing fingers could handle! Lucas would go around and give an evil cackle along with his trick-or-treat. So funny!
Our annual trip to Farmstead. 

 We all braved the dark beast this year. I may have carried Lucas in crying the first time, but by the end, he decided we should do it again two more times. Another freezing outing with freezing fingers. We did some zip lines, cow trains, and basketball -- but cut it a bit short -- burrr!
Pumpkin carving! Emma's doing it all on her own now! Jacob and Lucas looked at some examples on the computer to decide what they wanted theirs to look like. They turned out really well!


Lucas went to the library for their trick or treat activities, and then we all went out that night around our neighborhood. It was a super cold Halloween night, and Emma and Lucas decided the cold wasn't worth the candy and came back earlier than usual with a half pumpkin full of candy. Jacob and I did another block or two before he was satisfied with his candy amount. I get it bud -- I've got that sweet tooth too.
 Oct 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment