There was a frost in the morning, and that day, ALL the leaves from our backyard tree fell. It was mesmerizing to watch them all drop, and a beautiful day to play in the leaves! Playing in the leaves is probably one of my all-time favorite family activities of the year, every year. Smiles and laughs all around! Emma loves striking a pose after her throw.
I love Jake's smile behind his falling leaves.
Luke always has a good time outside, and got his leaf-throwing figured out this year.
That being said, we still dropped piles on him anyway :).
Emma and Jake (hidden behind the air-born leaves) teamed up against Brad.
And Jake's ready to take off running, knowing he's going to get it right back. Emma's just enjoying the moment she successfully got her dad.
My parents happened to be there with us, and my mom enjoyed the leaf-storm with us. Look how pretty and happy she is! I'll convince her to get a little dog one of these days.
And this is one of my all-time favorite pictures! Lizzy going in for the kill! (Of the leaves in Luke's hands). Apparently the pile all around isn't enough for her. This puppy loves leaves.
Brad pulled out his leaf-blower to help make piles to jump in, and to blow leaves at the kids. Of course, every kid needed a chance with the blower also! The piles didn't last long before the leaves were strewn out all over the yard again.
I made sure to have a leaf-battle with the kids.
I showed no mercy.
I think Lizzy ate enough leaves to fill her belly for the entire day. She loved being out with the family jumping around, chasing, and catching leaves. Puppy's got some hops!
Oct 14, 2017


















No comments:
Post a Comment