Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Trying New Things

Emma had spent a couple years now begging for an "Elf on the Shelf." I don't see the need to buy an expensive stuffed toy that causes even more stress around Christmas, and more clean-up. We compromised and turned our stuffed snow-man into a magical Santa spy that she gladly helped with. We had a zip-line, ripped presents, fun finding where he hid the night before, and some snow-man poop, which Jake said tasted ALMOST exactly like marshmallows...
Emma and Jake did a basketball camp twice a week for about a month with Hoop Dreams, and it helped tremendously with their dribbling and other skills. Brad usually attended Emma's time slot because a friend of his was their to chat with, and apparently he didn't grab a picture. We're ready for the next season of basketball!
Jake is giving Tang Soo Do a try, and is so far liking it pretty well. 
I'm art mom for Jake's 1st grade class, and this month they traced their foot and hands to make some fun reindeer cards for their moms/dads. I really enjoy being able to be in the classroom every once in a while to know the teachers and watch how my kids interact in a different atmosphere. I'm still getting used to being called Mrs. Wight -- especially when I'm at the kids' sport games and one of them recognizes me and says "Hi!"
I made a TON of rolo pretzels to give to friends and for our family Christmas party coming up. They are SO delicious.
 And the kids made some Christmas tree crafts to take to Carol, our little old lady across the street.
 Dec 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment