And the Boise/Meridian snow record from about 30 years ago has been broken. According to a news station I just looked at (Jan 23rd, because we just added another 3.5 inches this morning), the record snow for this season was 35.1 inches in '85-'86, and we are currently at 35.5 inches. And there's still plenty of winter coming. To say this is ridiculous, is an understatement, and I am sooo done with snow. It has been a lot of fun for the kids with EIGHT snow days, but my arms and back are exhausted from shoveling. It's also been a learning experience -- for instance, I've learned what snow dams are. I've been trying to keep the snow off the 3-4 feet from the edge of the roof to try and let nature resolve the issue, which has worked fairly well, but again, my arms are so tired -- and gaining muscle, which is good I guess. And then it snows again. Repeat. And now comes the fear of flooding.
Snow tunnels.
Luke tries to throw snow balls, but it's hard to make balls with mittens, and when he throws, it just comes back at him. Good thing he loves snow!
The kids have made a few pathways in the back yard that go to their favorite spots. Luke and Lizzy do pretty well when they follow the pathways, but when they get off, well, you can watch the video below. You can't hear him very well, but he says "stuck" "help".
Lizzy bounds around in the snow, still loving it. I always attack her with a towel when she comes back in trying to limit the puddles, but nothing but warm water can get these snow balls off.

I'm loving having this flower in the house to brighten my mood a bit, and homemade chocolate chip peanut butter cookies always help.
Jan 4-5, 2017














No comments:
Post a Comment