Thursday, August 16, 2018

July

Swimming around at Roaring Springs.

We stayed here in Meridian to watch the Fireworks for Independence Day. It was awesome! They know how to do a finale! We played skip-bo to pass the time until it was dark. All but Lucas who enjoyed his freedom roaming around the inside of  van. 
   
Another season of basketball down for Emma and Jacob. Skills are improving, and they're getting more confident with the ball. 
Emma's starting to dribble pretty well, can switch between her hands, and has started trying to fake people out on the direction she's going. They each made some baskets this year... but we have a ways to go on our aim!

Check out this girl Emma was assigned to guard! She had at least a foot's height above her -- they switched it within a few minutes after realizing the mismatch. 



Lucas has warmed up a lot in his library silly-song and dance class. He'll talk to the teacher now, and has started to request the song "Tooty-tah." He's really fun to watch now!

He likes his picture taken.. all the time...
Brad got me an electric hedger --AMAZING-- and I attacked our dogwoods in the back. I brought the kids out to help clean up the abundance of leaves and branches strewn about -- I may have gone overboard with the new power I now held in my hands... but we found a couple insects to observe. I'm thinking baby katydids/cicada? I do love when yard work turns into fun experiences for these young ones! And they were troopers sticking with me until all the leaves were gathered up... and there were a lot.


July 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment