On our way to California, we stopped in Twin Falls to drop of Lizzy and play with family, and apparently needed a bit of rest with Grandpa Egbert...
We headed down to Dierkes Lake with Amber and Curt's families. Emma tried out the little kayaks with Jack and loved paddling around the lake with the cousins. Jake sat in one, but didn't like them so much, so he played in the water with the younger cousins. Amber and I snuck away in some bigger kayaks and it was so fun and relaxing. Definitely will have to do this again.
Shoshone Falls with more water flowing than we've seen in years due to all the snow this winter. It was beautiful.
That night we drove to Utah, and took the kids on their first airplane.There were too many "flags" with metal on our luggage, stroller, and such that they patted down and swabbed Brad. I would have felt bad, but I got patted down the last time we flew, so now we're even. The kids had a few concerned faces on take-off, but luckily, we were in a nice big plane, and all the seats had movie screens and free movies for the kids to watch, and they were pretty good most of the way with their snacks. The landing was the bumpiest I've experienced -- a bit startling, but the kids did much better than I expected.
July 21-22, 2017





No comments:
Post a Comment