Oh, how I love the beach! This was the kids' first time seeing the ocean, and I love this picture of them running in for the first time with their arms outstretched.
Brad likes being AT the beach, but doesn't like being in the "gross, filthy" water. That's as deep as he goes :).
The two older kids and I loved jumping through the waves, letting them crash into us, and chasing us onto the beach.
Lucas had just woken up from a nap, in a new place, and was a bit out of sorts. So I took him in the ocean a few times, until he'd had enough, and he spent the rest of the time walking the beach picking up "special rocks" and shells.
Each day, we found at least one place to enjoy the coastal seafood. Shrimp is one of Emma's (along with Brad and I's) favorite food, and we were not disappointed. Being starving from our beach excursion, we found a close seafood place -- I changed the kids in the car, but being adult, I could not, and just threw some clothes over my swim suit -- which of course made it look like I peed my pants. And I'm sure we brought a whole gallon of sand into the place with us. We tipped them well.
Our hotel just had a small room, but it had three separate swimming pools, and we spent HOURS in them each day. The kids loved swimming around, and Jake finally became comfortable enough in the water to attempt swimming on his own. It was definitely one of the kids' favorite things on our trip.
July 23, 2017









No comments:
Post a Comment