Friday, April 17, 2015

And he's off!

Lucas hadn't been showing much interest in moving around -- I guess he just needed the right motivation. The big kids were getting over the flu, so we were playing a lot of board games. It was too much for Lucas to lay idle while so many little pieces were surrounding him. He finally started scooting, and then last week, full on crawling (at about 8 1/2 months). He is into everything. I always forget how much a new crawler changes things in the house. He's pretty thrilled with his ability -- the rest of us, not so much :). The kids are realizing he's not a great playmate right now -- as he is constantly grabbing and drooling on their toys, or me making them do everything on a higher level so Lucas won't choke on their smaller items.  I no longer have my freedom of setting him down while I run in the other room for a second. The second I do, he's attempting to climb the stairs, pull himself up on the fireplace ledge, grabbing wires, and pulling the floor vents up... And thus begins our new adventure of trying to keep Lucas alive  :). 
March 27, 2015

1 comment: