Emma wanted to do a Star Wars themed party for her 9th birthday. I put up some streamers and stars, and made some storm trooper balloons for them to battle with their light sabers. We surprised her with a Ray costume right before her friends came, and she loved running around in it.
They discovered asteroids around the house, had Imperial Pizza with Vader-ade juice, and decorated cupcakes with red and blue frosting for light sabers. Emma picked the activities she wanted to do, so we had "Jedi training" where they tried to keep balloons in the air with light sabers, battled the storm troopers, "stay aboard the Millennial Falcon" (Musical chairs), until they were fully trained in the Jedi ways to take on Kylo Ren.... aka Big Bad Brad.
Brad was sweltering hot inside the layers, couldn't see well through the mask, and had 8 kids trying to attack him with swords and light sabers. He went down fairly quickly. I trained them well.
A few of the girls finishing up a game of musical chairs...
Miss Emma won the first round.
Presents. I'm always nervous having a group of kids over that I don't know, anticipating a crazy, loud houseful of mischievous out of control kids, but this group was very well-behaved and polite. A very nice, unexpected surprising difference from last year! I'm glad to see she's making some good friends in school. She's a good kid; we're glad we kept her around another year!
Feb 4, 2017








No comments:
Post a Comment